Grain Free Flax Waffles w/ Apple Compote
1 cup of ground flax meal
1/2 stick butter or margarine
1/2 cup of almond milk
3 T cream cheese
1/2 t baking powder
6 packets of powdered Stevia (or 1/4 cup sweetener equivalent)
1 t cinnamon
1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl mix the flax meal and baking powder.
- In a small pan, melt butter and cream cheese over a low flame. In a small bowl, pour in mixter and whisk in eggs, and milk.
- Add the cinnamon and Stevia, whisking well.
- Add wet to dry, and add water to thin the batter (I added roughly a quarter cup).
- Using a soup ladle, scoop about 2-3 T of the mixture into your waffle iron.
- Serve with sugar free syrup or a fruit compote. I made a quick apple compote by chopping half an apple and reducing it in some water, cider vinegar, Stevia, and arrowroot.